Leadership and Team Development
We often get asked to ‘come and work with our team’, but in our experience, senior teams are often not teams at all. Unless they have put significant work into: understanding each other’s strengths and weaknesses; inviting feedback on their behaviours and performance; and building a culture of openness and honesty, the word team is an aspiration and not a reality. Becoming a high-performing team takes work, investment and a willingness to learn, listen to others and selflessly focus on team goals rather than the chance of personal glory. The David Brent philosophy, “there’s no ‘I’ in team, but I think you’ll find there’s a ‘me” must be sacrificed at the altar of collective achievement!
One of the biggest challenges for team members can be to change the historic behaviours or personal ‘scripts’ that drive individuals to compete with each other, sometimes viewing colleagues as competitors whilst destroying company value and performance in the process. One of the things we love most, and have extensive experience of, is helping teams to make the shift from internal competition to positive collaboration. Our job is to shine a light on the holes in performance, the challenging behaviours and the misaligned values, helping those that we work with to:
- Increase awareness and celebrate the strengths and behavioural differences of their team members.
- Understand the need to address and deliver the three agendas: Strategic, Emotional and Behavioural (Marlier and Parker 2009) to produce highly engaged and motivated teams.
- Co-create and deliver a clear vision of success and a culture of mutual support and challenge to improve performance.
- Understand individual roles, responsibilities and clearly-defined objectives for the delivery of united goals.
- Measure and manage performance effectively to underpin growth or delivery goals.
Our clients have included:
Find out what they’ve got to say about us here.
Every programme we deliver is designed following a detailed analysis of the issues that you face. We use a wide range of tools, from personality profiling and 360 degree feedback, to using our own Climate Survey to assess your company’s current culture and a Flow Diagnostic to measure the engagement levels of your people across the business.
If you want to find out more about what we can do to improve leadership and team performance, give us a call on +44 (0)1606 883383, email lily or fill in the enquiry form on the right.
The task of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there.