For Morgan James Consulting Ltd, The Orchard, Grange Lane, Whitegate, Cheshire CW8 2BQ
Morgan James Consulting Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales, company number 9815128.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Morgan James Consulting Ltd and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. We are also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, applies whether you participate in a conference, a training programme, a workshop or embark on a coaching programme with us. It also applies when you visit our website and share your date with us.
The following information explains:
- How we use your data
- What personal data we collect
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Morgan James Consulting Ltd (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide coaching, training and speaker services to you;
- to create tailored programmes, workshops or keynote speeches for your company and or your events;
- to manage coaching or training programmes that we are contracted to deliver for you;
- to share relevant blogs, models, training materials and ideas around leadership, business growth and performance with you
- to verify your identity;
- For market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- To enable Morgan James Consulting Ltd to manage client interactions with you;
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Morgan James Consulting Ltd uses your personal data for direct marketing purposes (if we believe that we have a legitimate basis to do so under the recital 47 of the GDPR) and may send you postal or email information to update you on the latest services, concepts, leadership and business information which are of interest and relevance to you, your team or your business.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving any such promotional communications at any time, by:
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or
- contacting Morgan James Consulting Ltd via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
We may analyse your browsing activity on-line and your responses to any marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows us to ensure that we contact you with information that is relevant to you.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, Morgan James Consulting associates and facilitators, and marketing service providers.
Morgan James Consulting Ltd only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on associates and service providers relating to data protection and security, which means they can only use your data to provide services to Morgan James Consulting Ltd and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Morgan James Consulting Ltd will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our client data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data:
- with our trusted partners and associates who help us to deliver the services that you have asked of us,
- with credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- with governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees, associates and clients.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Morgan James Consulting Ltd to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws. If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 10 years, unless given permission by you, to do so.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Morgan James Consulting Ltd may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- Coaching, Keynote speaker and training programme contracts agreed and signed by you;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Morgan James Consulting Ltd
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. This list is not exhaustive, and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you leave an enquiry through our websites or sign up for a contract through contacting Morgan James Consulting’s office directly.
Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example through your browsing activity on our website. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Morgan James Consulting Ltd is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include:
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cybersecurity attacks and data security incidents;
- security controls which protect the entire Morgan James Consulting Ltd IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
- • Morgan James Consulting Ltd will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Morgan James Consulting Ltd asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
- If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online coaching session.
- In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Morgan James Consulting Ltd and more generally: -
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time,
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
The legal basis for Morgan James Consulting Ltd processing client personal data
The legal basis for Morgan James Consulting Ltd processing client personal data
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods or services to a client; or complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to clients via email or LinkedIn.
Clients have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing client data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Morgan James Consulting Ltd, including:
- selling and supplying services to our clients;
- protecting clients, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual clients
- understanding our clients’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing services and developing new ones;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling client contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- protecting Morgan James Consulting Ltd, its employees and clients, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Morgan James Consulting Ltd;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Morgan James Consulting Ltd; and
- fulfilling our duties to our clients, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
If you have any questions about how Morgan James Consulting Ltd uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: 01606 883383
- e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to us at Morgan James Consulting Ltd, The Orchard, Grange Lane, Whitegate, Cheshire CW8 2BQ.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
This policy was updated on 18th May 2018.