Michael has had a varied professional life; Army Officer, Mountain Expedition Leader, NGO Project Manager and Manufacturing Consultant. For the last 16 years, his primary vocation has been as a leadership consultant, working in 20+ countries around the globe. He works in a network of consulting networks, each of which brings different approaches, tools and models. In this way, Michael has been able to help others to benefit from his passion for learning and draw inspiration from a diverse group of specialists and thought leaders.
Recent projects Michael has delivered include:
- Helping the leaders of a Shared Business Services organisation to bring empowerment to life; working with them to create the conditions for more effective delegation across their Function.
- Supporting a Global Transformation Team as they prepare to shake up their Pharma business. Coaching them to be effective in remote working and virtual meetings.
- Facilitating the creation of new virtual networks in a Chemical company. Bringing people together from different Functions, Business Units, and Regions to support and challenge each other’s goals and connect them to a wider organisational change.
- Running workshops to form high performance leadership teams in Quality, HR, Medical, Industrial, Tech Ops, Finance and Sales.
- Training HR Business Partners and other leaders in the Chemical, BioPharma and Pharma industries to be more effective meeting and process facilitators.
- One to one coaching of individuals through significant transformations; working with them to examine their leadership presence and work-life balance.
- Designing and running business simulations for global clients and other consulting networks. These ‘serious games’ are carefully created to replicate business challenges or trigger patterns of behaviour.
Clients often tell Michael how infectious they find his thirst for learning; it inspires others to embrace personal growth too. When working in a group setting, he is recognised for his detailed, almost forensic, observations that underpin his penetrating analysis and incisive feedback. His ability to help groups to align their emotions and behaviours with their strategic intentions means he is appreciated as a coach who helps senior teams to unlock tensions, form new habits or make important breakthroughs.
For recreation, Michael finds relaxation through competing in Triathlons. He is currently encouraging his wife and son to share the joys of open water swimming.
+44 01606 883383