Time for Iron Underpants: Building Resilience in Times of Change
Living through the age of Covid-19’s lockdown shows us that resilience is an attribute, and some would say a skill, that is needed now more than ever. There is no denying that we are living through times of hyper-acceleration when it comes to change. Even before the Covid-19 pandemic, economic output and employment statistics have shown us that we were losing more days of productivity to stress related illnesses in UK workforces than since records began.
This is where our ‘Time for Iron Underpants: Building Resilience in Times of Change” Half-day Masterclass will help you and your teams to: understand your own responses to stress; develop some coping mechanisms to temper responses to difficult situations; pay attention to mental well-being and learn how to use important tools such as mindfulness and the cognitive cycle to build robustness and resilience in all situations.
“Do not judge me by my success, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.”
― Nelson Mandela
The learning objectives for this half-day masterclass include helping participants to:
- Understand the importance of recognising your current emotional state so that you can move forward from it in the most effective way
- Understand the concept of VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity) that originated at the end of the cold war, how it is relevant to the crisis of today
- Recognise how you can take control of the cognitive process to help you to be effective in times of challenge and change
- Become a ‘Type R leader’ –and use ‘the 6 steps’ to help you to become a more resilient leader
- Help you to make the shift from fear to personal growth and develop a positive mindset in any situation
“After attending the Transformative Resilience session delivered by Nicola Jackson, I felt much more prepared to guide the business through economic and market uncertainty. Recognising how, building my own personal resilience to be an effective leader in turn contributes to making the business stronger, really resonated with me. Understanding how to take control of my thoughts and emotions despite external pressures was really helpful. Nicola is incredibly engaging and thought provoking. The session will really help me to adapt to the changing landscape and tackle adversity head on.”
Amy Davies, Director of Sales