The 13 Steps to Great Management – Preparing the Leaders of Tomorrow
Here at Morgan James we deliver a comprehensive eight month ‘Step-Into-Management’ Programme to equip those new to management (or new to management training) with the skills that they need to effectively engage, align and build their teams. However, some people don’t have the time or the budget for such a programme and so we’ve designed this one-day intensive workshop which will give you the basics and the opportunity to explore your management style, whilst building your confidence to address day to day management challenges.
These 13 lessons will give you fantastic insights, practical tools to improve your management capability and help you become an independent and successful leader. Whilst managers can come in all different shapes and sizes, you are all setting out to do the same job – to inspire, engage and grow your team.
The objectives of this one-day workshop are:
- To help you to recognise your ‘why’ and become an inspirational manager
- To recognise the 13 critical lessons we need to focus on to become the business leaders of tomorrow
- To help you to develop an adaptable management style to help you to connect with and communicate effectively with every member of your team
- To help you to manage upwards as well as downward and to build your reputation as a clear and effective communicator
- To give you some time management tools to help you to be more effective in organising yourself and others
Paul is a Business Coach and Trainer specializing in Leadership and Management Development. He brings broad experience of senior positions in global companies such as Tate and Lyle and major bulk liquid petrochemical storage operators to the role.
Paul has worked as an international trader in the molasses business, operating “on the ground” in over 30 countries across Africa, the Middle East, the Caribbean and Europe. As a Director of businesses in bulk liquid storage and distribution, he has managed multi-disciplined teams in hazardous industries.
His experience in the corporate world is complemented by having run an SME, giving him a breadth of knowledge of organizations large and small.
“The new workshop was a fantastic way to develop our cohort of first time managers. The engaging content and high level of expertise helped our managers grow professionally as well as develop their skills so they could help and support their teams to perform even better!”
James Uffindel, CEO and Founder, Bright Networks