The Power of Story and the Art of Persuasion
Many events in world history have turned on the ability to communicate powerfully, not least the great speeches that are still known and quoted. Great communicators and speakers (and in modern times, great presenters) are not just subject matter experts; they are influencers; they are educators, and they inspire insight and action. Beware then, if you underestimate the power of communication!
Evidence from research that tells us that we have just 7 seconds to make a good impression in interviews, presentations, meetings and indeed, every situation when we find ourselves in front of a new audience. Like it or not, we judge people – and fast. The Journal of Neuroscience even tells us that the amygdala (the part of our brain that is responsible for our social and emotional behaviours) takes just 30 milliseconds to ascertain whether someone is trustworthy or not!
If you want to become a dynamic and influential communicator, join us for a highly interactive and thought-provoking 2-day programme, where we will help you to develop what it takes to communicate with status and authority and develop your confidence and gravitas in the art of persuasion and effective storytelling.
Whether you have to make a speech, manage meetings or present your final year project to an Assessment panel, this programme will challenge everything you think you know about communicating with an audience and will ensure that your personal interactions are memorable, for all of the right reasons!
“Seek connection not attention. It last longer.”
The objectives of this 2 day programme are to help you to:
- Make a positive impression and have greater confidence when you walk into the room
- Increase your ability to persuade, influence and convince
- Become compelling, precise & authentic on your feet
- Have greater presence and an understanding of what presence is
- Understand ‘the brain science’ and leverage it to your advantage to help you to connect with any audience
- Develop your creative flair and ability ‘ditch the script’ to deliver engaging and memorable presentations
- Develop your storytelling ability, enabling you to share even technical and theoretical messages in an interesting and compelling way
- Learn to love and not loath crafting and delivering speeches, presentations and inspiring people to think differently
- Recognise the behavioural blocks and bad habits that inhibit your ability to make a positive impact
- Take away tools and techniques that make high performance replicable
Paul is an award-winning facilitator, communications coach and consultant, and has worked with over 100 of the world’s leading companies. He specialises in leadership and influence and has been involved in presentation and communication training for the last 24 years. He is the creator of an original story-telling for business programme, that has assisted thousands of Senior Executives and organisations to create powerful narratives around brand, strategy, transformation, and leadership.
“The two days were emotionally & mentally challenging, immense fun and definitely the most profound & empowering training experience I’ve ever had. I’m looking forward to using everything I’ve learned, so, once again, thank you for an amazing experience.”
Fujitsu Future Leaders Program – The Art of Influential Communication 2018
“I don’t think I’ve ever seen a programme with this kind of feedback – We really got what we really wanted and needed.”
Client at Zurich Insurance
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes